Andy's watchword is professionalism. His highest goal is to design robust, flexible systems and to write maintainable code. Ten years in business for himself has left him with a wide range of experience and a proactive, self-starting approach; which he applies to business analysis and project management. He is skilled at communicating with others and discovering their needs.
- Progress 4GL / Openedge / Webspeed
- Andy is an Openedge expert; he has over twenty years' experience with the product in all its forms.
- Ruby / Rails
- Please have a look at Flungle, Andy's Rails application. If you are looking for Rails coding skills, this will show you what he can do. (Source code here.)
- Linux System Administration
- Andy has comprehensive knowledge of scripting in ksh and bash, and has been configuring and administering *nix and Linux systems at home and at work for many years. He is currently studying for his Linux Professional Institute certification.
- Application Support
- Andy has over five years experience of providing second- and third-tier application support to end-users with a wide range of computer skills. He has a proven track-record of translating end-user talk into solid requirements.